- Guest Appearance by Florence Henderson on Hiller & Diller, Nov 27th 9:30pm EST, (check local listings for station and other times)
- Nick at Nite to launch Brady Bunch in March, 1998 instead of the Fall
- Brady Bunch Calendars are sold out at main distributors, check your local stores quickly or another source is:
Don't Miss Out!
- Mike Lookinland was arrested in Utah on a DUI charge. Reports say his blood alcohol level was .258 (3x's the legal limit of Utah .08). He is currently out on $1,550.00 bail. Lookinland told police he had looked down to adjust his radio as he was approaching a curve and drifted onto the left shoulder. He said he overcorrected when he tried to steer back onto the pavement and rolled over at least twice. No other cars were involved.
- Also Mike Lookinland is currently working on location in Utah as a cameraman for the CBS show, "The Promisland" As of today there has been no official statement made by the show.
- Rudy Galindo, professional figure skater, is currently skating to a Brady Bunch medley (It's A Sunshine Day, Keep On, Theme Song). Watch your local tv listings for future Professional Figure Skating Competitions to see him and his fun Brady rendition.
- Also, new movie, Red Corner, starring Richard Gere, makes reference to the Brady Bunch. Seems the Bradys aren't polictically correct television for China because they have a policy of only 1 child per family. Just a small joke in the movie.
- 1998 Brady Bunch Calendar now Available, $10.95. Check your local bookstores!
- The Barbara Mandrell Story, starring Maureen McCormick, is slated to air on CBS on Sunday September 28th.
For more about Barbara Mandrell visit
The Ultimate Barbara Mandrell Web Page.
- Paramount announces A Very Brady Sequel priced now at $14.95 SRP (available 7/22/97)
- MOr Krofft shows to be released
Rhino Video will be releasing the infamous "Sid & Marty Krofft Live at the Hollywood Bowl" show (live with The Brady Bunch Kids!) in two brightly colored choices. The first one is the video they are calling "H.R. Pufnstuf At The Hollywood Bowl" and the second is the H.R. Pufnstuf At The Hollywood Bowl Audio/Video Package which is the audio tape AND video tape of shis show. Mark your calendars for August 12 for the date this one hits the streets.
- Maureen to Play Pivotal Role in Dogtown
Maureen plays the role of Didi in the 1997 film Dogtown, directed by George Hickenlooper. Dogtown, aka Howling at the Moon, also stars Trevor St. John and Mary Stuart Masterson.
- Maureen Featured in June Elle Magazine Fashion Layout
In the June 1997 Elle magazine, Maureen is featured as part of a 4-page layout of new Fall fashions. Don't miss this issue!
Source of news
- New Book: The title is "Gen X TV: The Brady Bunch to
Melrose Place" ($24.95, Syracuse University Press) and it's by Rob Owen.
There are not any interviews with the stars, but some interesting analysis
of the show and interviews with behind-the-scenes people like producer
- Barry Williams in the June, 1997 issue of PLAYGIRL. Don't get to excited LADIES, he is fully clothed.
- Maureen McCormick to play country singer, Barbara Mandrell, in an upcoming TV Movie, filming to begin in May.
- Florence Henderson interview in Yahoo Internet Life magazine (currently at newsstands).
- A new retro website, GROOVY JUICE is holding a Brady Coloring Contest to celebrate their grand opening. For a more detailed description, see our links page.
- There is a rumor floating about that the actors of The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel signed to do 4 movies. Is there anyone out there that can write to us BradyBfan@aol.com and confirm this news?
- Check out the new magazine Retro Generation First Issue Special,
Jan. 1997 Vol No. 1. The Brady Bunch is on the front cover and inside you will find an article about the never-ending popularity of the Brady Bunch which appears on page 12-13. Also a large 8x10 photo of the Brady Bunch appears on page 29. Cover price is $4.99